[spectre] desiredescape.net

shelly silver info at shellysilver.com
Mon Feb 27 05:39:01 CET 2006

Dear All:

I'm very pleased to announce the launch of the website:

http://www.desiredescape.net

an experiment in community building and storytelling.

Andrea, the creator of the website, is the fictional heroine of my
upcoming film project 'desiredescape.net.'  She starts the website as
a means of escaping her life in a conservative Upstate New York town.
In her own words:

"I want this to be a website for all of us who wish to escape some
part of our lives (our job, famly, relationship, political or
economic situation, city, country world), where we can share stories
about our current lives, as well as our plans, hopes and strategies
for our desired escape."

The stories Andrea receives will influence the trajectory of her
story, and the images, sounds and videos uploaded to the site will be
incorporated into the final film.

Programming of the site is being done by Darrel O'Pry at thing.net,
with additional assistance from Mark Pahlavan (thank you both!!!) and
it's happily using 'community plumbing' from drupal
(http://drupal.org)

So if you need to escape (or have successfully escaped already)
please visit and contribute often!  And if you've never wanted to
escape, but are nevertheless curious about those of us who do, please
visit too.

Also, if you have any suggestions about how the site is functioning
(or not) please let me know.  We're still ironing out the kinks,
expanding usability and are actively looking for feedback.  And
please feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be
interested.

All the best,
Shelly Silver

http://www.desiredescape.net