[spectre] Call - Impakt Festival 2006 - deadline: April 20th

Impakt info at impakt.nl
Tue Mar 28 11:43:53 CEST 2006

Impakt Festival 2006

The 17th Impakt Festival will take place from 23 to 27 August on
various locations in Utrecht. The center of the festival will be the
Centraal Museum. The Impakt Festival 2006 will be a special summer
edition with open air screenings, audio picknicks, workshops, art
hikes, a floating cinema, concerts and an exhibition.

You can now submit film and video works using our Online Entryform.
The link to the only entry form can be found by clicking the
'festival/present' section on our home page
http://www.impakt.nl
You can only submit film and video works from 2004, 2005 and 2006 and
it is not possible to submit installations, performances, music, etc.
Please read the instructions carefully.
The deadline for submissions is April 20th, 2006.

If you have any questions concerning the Panorama program please
email us at panorama at impakt.nl.

xxxxxxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Impakt is an independent organisation for contemporary sound and
image. Our main projects are the Impakt Festival, the Impakt Events
and Impakt Online.

IMPAKT FESTIVAL
The Impakt Festival is an international manifestation: installations,
film, video, fine arts, new media, music and live performances. Each
year there are several thematic programs, as well as an expanded
panorama program. The thematic program will focus on current artistic
developments and put them in a broader, social or historic
perspective. The panorama program each year presents a general
overview of the most idiosyncratic and exciting film and video works.
Every year about 125 installations, videos, websites, films,
performances, cd-roms and concert from approximately 30 different
countries around the world are on display. Interviews and discussions
are held every day in the couch.club, where artists introduce their
work.
In the past we have presented: Mark Leckey, Matthew Barney, Bas Jan
Ader, Eija Liisa Ahtila, Richard Billingham, Tracey Moffat, William
Wegman, Miranda July, Johan Grimonprez, Alicia Framis, Jeremy Blake,
Victor Alimpiev, Annika Larsson, Christoph Draeger, Matthias Müller,
Doug Aitken, Runa Islam, Phyllis Baldino, Jane Prophet, Patricia
Piccinini, Linda Dement, Mouchette, BIT, JODI, Miguel Calderon,
Pierrick Sorin, David Lamelas, Sara Rossi, Ra di Martino, Fabrice
Gygi, Jim O'Rourke, Ryoji Ikeda, Christian Fennesz, Mouse on Mars, DJ
Olive, Luke Vibert, Soundlab, Janek Schaefer, Murcof and many other
artists.
IMPAKT EVENTS
The Impakt Events are small scale monthly projects like
filmscreenings, in-person shows, artist talks, lectures, concerts or
small exhibitions. Information on upcoming and recent Impakt Events
is available at http://www.impakt.nl/
IMPAKT ONLINE
With Impakt Online we co-produce and promote net.art projects. Every
year new projects are launched on our website.
http://www.impaktonline.nl/
-
IMPAKT
PO BOX 735