[spectre] Anthony Auerbach: from West to East (Modified by Geert Lovink)

Anthony Auerbach aa at vargas.org.uk
Tue May 2 01:55:49 CEST 2006

Here are some locations and information: hints and tips working from
West
to East.

Highlights recently in the West: Video as Urban Condition in Brazil;
coming
up in the East: INS Aerial Reconnaissance Interpretation; Video as ...
Armenia (Armenia!); How to get to Irkutsk in 30 seconds. Read on for
more.

   SAO PAOLO - BELO HORIZONTE - RIO DE JANEIRO
   46° 38' W - 43° 54' W - 42° 43' W

Video as Urban Condition was in Brazil thanks to ...
http://www.video-as.org/news/index.html
Click 'view Brazil images' on that page for a supplement to my
inventory of
urban phenomena of video.
See also: a meta-praxis of voyeurism, three short videos from RJ and SP
(contact me for viewing copy DVD).
http://www.vargas.org.uk/artists/anthony_auerbach/voyeur/index.html
A new Video as ... showreel is in preparation, including new videos from
Brazil in the Video-pool Archive.
http://www.video-as.org/videopool/index.html

   LONDON
   00° 07' W

I will be in London again 30 May-3 June and after 23 June. If you are
there, you just missed Greenwich Degree Zero by Tom McCarthy and Rod
Dickinson at Beaconsfield. It could happen again.
http://www.beaconsfield.ltd.uk/present_projects.html

   LEEDS
   01° 34' W

If you would like to read a description of a blur and some useless
details
of geometric cryptography, then contact me for a copy of my
contribution to
the Association of Art Historians Annual Conference, Leeds, 5-7 April
2006:
'The Encryption of Art History in Modernist Art Education'.
Session: http://aah.org.uk/conference/session19.php
Abstract: http://www.vargas.org.uk/aa/research/conferences.html

   BERLIN
   13° 20' E

A secret/surprise visit 27-29 April could be consequential for this
city. I
don't do crosswords.

   VIENNA
   16° 22' E

I am in Vienna until 13 May, and again 19-30 May.
On this topic: some reflections on Vienna prompted by the appearance of
Klub Zwei
http://www.vargas.org.uk/press/k2/hallo_wien.html
Recent works by Marlene Haring of Vienna including 'It's all a Façade',
'What matters is what you see' and 'Secret Service'.
http://www.vargas.org.uk/artists/marlene_haring/index.html

   BRATISLAVA
   17° 07' E

INS Inspectorate Temporary Office of Interpretation (TOI) opens in
Bratislava Thursday 18 May 2006, 1800h, as part of 'Pantheon: Heroes and
Anti-Monuments' curated by Daniel Grún. TOI is an apparatus for working
on
the material obtained during INS Inspectorate Berlin: Aerial
Reconnaissance
in May 2005. Exhibition continues until 11 June 2006 at Galéria Medium,
Hviezdoslavovo nám. 18, Bratislava 814 37, Slovakia. I will be there to
set
up TOI 13-19 May.
http://www.vargas.org.uk/press/ins/bratislava_inspectorate_06.html

   YEREVAN
   44° 31' E

Video as Urban Condition presents the Video-pool Archive, workshops and
discussions in co-operation with the Amenian Center for Contemporary
Experimental Art, 8-30 June. Details will be posted at
http://www.video-as.org/news/index.html

   ... UFA - PERM - YEKATERINBURG - IRKUTSK
   55° 58' E - 56° 10' E - 60° 35' E - 104° 15' E

Out Video: 3rd International Video Art Festival in Public Spaces, 5
June-5
July 2006. With 39 large outdoor screens in 16 cities in Russia, 'this
festival aims at full-scale integration of actual video art into the
urban
environment and promotion of public art strategies.' Organised by Arseny
Sergeyev.
http://www.artpolitika.ru/outvideo
Call for entries: 2 rules: max. duration 30s, no sound.
http://artpolitika.ru/ov2006_entry_eng
Final closing date: 31 May 2006 for electronic submissions.