[spectre] ACM Multimedia Art Program Exhibition Call

marko peljhan marxx at mail.ljudmila.org
Wed May 3 11:01:50 CEST 2006

Networked Realities & Prospective Locative Hacks
Art Exhibition Deadline May 12, 2006

Artist-engineer hybrids are invited to submit artworks for the ACM
exhibition to take place in the California Nanosystems Institute at
UC Santa Barbara.

For this exhibition we seek artworks that raise issues related to
human-human, human-machine, human-machine-world, machine-machine,
human-world and machine-world interactions, placing a strong emphasis
on the role of the notion of awareness, be it cultural, linguistic,
network-centric, spatial or geospatial.

In particular, we seek works that focus on the roles that multimedia
content and technologies play in exploring human and social aspects
of technology and science, including how it may re-define
relationships and understanding between cultures and already
established disciplines. We welcome any interactive artworks that
address the topics above, including multimodal interactive spaces,
locative media artworks, networked systems, data visualizations and
communications systems.

Please visit the website
http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/acmmm06/arts/index.html for up-to-date
information including deadlines, procedures, list of exhibition and
program review committee.

ACM Multimedia is the premier annual multimedia conference, covering
all aspects of multimedia computing. The ACM Multimedia Interactive
Art Program seeks to bring together the arts and multimedia
communities to create the stage to explore, discuss, and push the
limits for the advancement of both multimedia technology through the
arts, and the arts through multimedia technology.

The Interactive Art Program consists of a conference track and an art
exhibition. We invite artists working with digital media and
researchers in technical areas to submit their original contributions.

--
MARKO PELJHAN