[spectre] Re: Re: Re: 'COMPASSIONATE SLAVERY' - a spoof?

William Bowles williambowles at williambowles.info
Fri Nov 24 12:18:29 CET 2006

Dear Andreas,
'Failure to see' etc? I think not. The original note was about
whether or not the 'Compassionate Slavery' piece was 'real' or not.
The humour resides in the fact that they could fool those crazy
baldheads into admitting them to their 'inner sanctum' and present a
case for slavery which they all fell for!! Brilliant!

They've pulled of quite a few stunts like this one, targetting the
'movers and shakers' of big capital.

Bill

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:28:47 +0100
> From: Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck at transmediale.de>
> Subject: Re: [spectre] Re: 'COMPASSIONATE SLAVERY' - a spoof?
> To: spectre at mikrolisten.de, jaromil <jaromil at dyne.org>
>
> hey jaromil,
>
> i think that many, many flowers should be allowed to blossom in the
> pastures of our networks. and i think it is interesting to see that
> there is no natural consensus about the reading and the evaluation of
> critical artistic practice. we had a discussion on the german
> rohrpost recently about the relevance of copyright and remuneration
> systems because there was a letter by a pro-copyright group of
> writers posted to the list. for me it is important that william's
> failure, or unwillingness, to see the dark humour in the 'slavery'
> action by the yesmen is a valid reaction, too. remember that the
> syndicate had room for people like tisma, and antiorp, and everyone
> else. we can also not expect that everyone who is on the spectre list
> today is aware of 10 or so years of rtmark 'oeuvres'. it feels
> sisyphean, but then that's life. and reminds us of the beauty of
> repetition.
>
> regards,
> -a
>

>> hey Andreas,
>> should we adapt the network to curators, or curators to the network?
>> i like the choice to be yours here, this is not going like
>> syndicate ;)
>>

>> mr William,
>> did you ever had a closer look to some net-art ? rtmark, the yes man,
>> e-toy ... i recommend it, interesting expressions of our mediatically
>> troubled times.
>>

>> ciao
>>

>> - --
>>  jaromil,  dyne.org rasta coder,  http://afrolinux.org

> End of SPECTRE Digest, Vol 45, Issue 35

---
InI - InvestigatingnewImperialism http://www.williambowles.info/
RSS: http://www.feedfire.com/site/rss.cgi?ChanContentId=001779
Skype me at: wbowles

Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we.
- George W. Bush at the Signing of H.R. 4613, the Defense
Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2005