[spectre] pull up a Chair (or two)?

Norman norman at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 27 20:42:27 CET 2006

Dear Spectres

We're currently seeking two Chairs for Newcastle University, to work in close collaboration with Culture Lab; please pass on to all potentially interested persons. Full application details at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/vacancy.phtml?ref=G1590
Application deadline December 14th.

Best to all

sjn
(Culture Lab director)

Summary description:

We are seeking to appoint creative practitioners who have a strong international profile in any field of Digital Media research and Film research and who have a proven track record of working across disciplinary boundaries. These Chair appointments will harness, stimulate and develop interdisciplinary agendas in both teaching and research being developed in film, creative practice and performance across the Schools, Faculty and University.

Working closely with, and partly based in Culture Lab the Chairs will contribute to the University’s fostering of ground-breaking, practice-based research through innovative research agendas and projects. The Chairs will attract external research funding (for example from research councils and industrial sources) at local, national and international level.

Further appointments will be attached to the post in Digital Media.

The posts are available from 1st January 2007 or as soon as possible thereafter.