[spectre] Lecturer posts

Drew Hemment drew at futuresonic.com
Tue Oct 17 17:18:10 CEST 2006

I have been asked to forward details of 2 x Lecturer posts at
Lancaster University, closing date 27 October.

Imagination at Lancaster, a new Design and Innovation Futures Laboratory
within Lancaster University's Institute of Contemporary Arts, have
advertised some new posts. The aim is to build an entire team of
research active individuals.

With the 2 x Lecturer posts they are looking broadly at the
boundaries of design and innovation, which could include social
technologies / media art / locative media.

Drew

Location: Lancashire
Closing date: 27 Oct 2006

Lecturer (x2)
£28,010 - £38,772 p.a.
http://www.personnel.lancs.ac.uk/vacancydets.aspx?jobid=A738

Design and Innovation Futures Laboratory

Lancaster University is investing significantly in a new centre,
Imagination at Lancaster: a research laboratory using design and
innovation to stimulate and enable interdisciplinary research into
products, places and systems for the future. We are building an
entire team of research active individuals to work with us in order
to drive this initiative.

We aim to recruit a dynamic design team who can use design and
innovation to link across discipline boundaries and undertake
research into products, places and systems for the future. We are
looking for academics working in a design and innovation field
including but not restricted to: architecture, built environment,
smart materials and fashion, product design and development, digital
design and visualisation and ICT from a design/arts perspective.

Aiming for Greater Diversity

The Bowland Charitable Trust has generously donated £5million to
Lancaster University. This major gift is being used to develop
activities in design and innovation, health, medicine and education.
The University is now recruiting key post in these areas.

Lancaster University is a dynamic institution committed to building
on the reputation it has developed during its first forty years for
pioneering innovation and excellence in teaching and research.

Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.