[spectre] Dis-orders

frenesi frenesi at kein.org
Mon Oct 23 10:15:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

> ...   All the
> participants are showing their work as activists first, rather than just
> mere artists.

this is very interesting, maybe it's just a result of the translation
from italian to english, but what does it really mean "to show a work as
an activist first, rather than just mere artist"?
I wonder why is the artist just a "mere" something.
In my opinion real activist *are* artist, as every human creature who
reacts and creates in consequence of his/her being a *real* human.

In the sentence that I highlighted I sense the need to justify art
through activism, why, in my opinion, art, if it's really art and not
something else in disguise, doesn't need to be justified by anything: it
is and that's all.

Of course I don't want to move any critic to the Dis-orders concept,
it's just a chance to make a reflection.

good luck with the exhibition and bye!
agnese