[spectre] Turbulence Commission: "THE ESSENCE OF A NATION: CHINESE VIRTUAL PERSONS ON THE NET" by XiaoQian

Turbulence turbulence at turbulence.org
Fri Sep 1 15:39:52 CEST 2006

September 1, 2006
Turbulence Commission: "THE ESSENCE OF A NATION: CHINESE VIRTUAL PERSONS ON
THE NET" by XiaoQian
http://turbulence.org/Works/XiaoQian/
[needs Macromedia Flash Player plugin; Internet Explorer 5+, Mozilla Firefox
1.5.0+, or Safari 1.0+]

My name is XiaoQian, I am an artist and I create virtual persons online. For
this website I created 6 chinese virtual persons: Mu Yuming a painter,
Shaxpir a hip-hop singer, Wang Shy a ghost in a traditional garden, He
Zhengjun a carpenter working with wood and text, Yi Zhe a guest in a wedding
and myself XiaoQian.

My e-mail is xiaoqian at virtualperson.net

"THE ESSENCE OF A NATION: CHINESE VIRTUAL PERSONS ON THE NET" is a 2005
commission of New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc., (aka Ether-Ore) for its
Turbulence web site. It was made possible with funding from the Andy Warhol
Foundation for the Visual Arts.

BIOGRAPHY

XiaoQian is a Chinese artist. Her art is to create virtual persons online.
She has also designed herself as a virtual person. Her real life identity
may never be disclosed.

Jo-Anne Green, Co-Director
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org
New York: 917.548.7780 . Boston: 617.522.3856
Turbulence: http://turbulence.org
New American Radio: http://somewhere.org
Networked_Performance Blog: http://turbulence.org/blog
Upgrade! Boston: http://turbulence.org/upgrade