[spectre] British Council quits Europe to woo Muslim world

Heiko Recktenwald uzs106 at uni-bonn.de
Wed Aug 8 23:09:27 CEST 2007

Joseph Gray wrote:
> The writer Heiko Recktenwald writ:
>
> •> The cultural barriers between the West and the Middle-East do need
> •> removal.
> • This is interesting as well.

IMHO there is (a) is no such a barrier between single persons . And if
there is (b) a barrier between societies, groups, it may be based in
politics and may have good reasons.

Shure, books are better than weapons. And they may follow new politics.
Probably the best they can do today.

But quiting Europe may not be very clever. We will survive it, but it is
easier to destroy something than to recreate it on one later day.

H.