[spectre] Arab Women Active in the Arts and Media

Heiko Recktenwald uzs106 at uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 14 12:27:57 CEST 2007

Joseph Gray wrote:
> The problems between the middle-east and the west have been going on for
> much longer than 40 years,

They do piracy and take hostages all the time, since centuries, like
Europeans, but besides that there are no problems at all.

> and these conflicts are not just cultural, but
> also economic, political and religious.

Slavetrade did work fine.

> True that there was a period in
> the mid-20th century where Iran, Iraq (whose borders were defined by
> British colonialism in the first place) etc. had a certain amount of
> "freedom", and tolerance within their own borders.

Well, you misunderstood me completely. It was not about more "freedom"
in the the occupied territories in general, but the fact, there there
was once no occupation by Israel at all. Israel lived happyly on its
side of the border of 67, until some preemptiv war.

> Even today there are
> traces of that.

Foreign countries dont seem to exist for you.