[spectre] in memoriam: Príamo Lozada 1962 - 2007

caspar stracke stracke at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 22:46:25 CEST 2007

A tragic accident: Príamo Lozada died June 13th at
7:30 pm during the preparation of the Mexican
Pavillion in Venice. He accidentally fell from a third
floor balcony of a building he was staying in
Cannareggio and later died in a hospital in Mestre
near Venice.
Lozada was the visionary curator of the Laboratorio
Arte Alameda in Mexico City.

Those who have visited this place knew its magic, its
mystic and the challenge with every exhibition to
invent effective strategies for presenting video art
and new media in this giant, old, cathedral-like
exhibition space.
Friends and colleagues gathered for a memorial at the
Laboratorio yesterday.

How does a Biennale react of the sudden death of one
of its curators during / right after the opening
ceremonies? So far and to my knowledge: It doesn't.

the only official announcement I found in English:
http://www.universes-in-universe.de/car/venezia/eng/2007/tour/mex/index.htm
http://www.universes-in-universe.de/car/venezia/eng/2007/tour/mex/priamo-lozada.htm