[spectre] Re: male body, was: Media Forum Moscow 2007

Andreas Broeckmann ab at tesla-berlin.de
Sat Jul 7 18:43:36 CEST 2007

mmmh, interesting little series... we should add artur zmijewski, i'm
thinking especially of his earlier video performances and photo
series (An Eye for an Eye), but also more recent work. (ubermorgen's
PsychOS addresses related issues of the vulnerable male body.)

melentie, i disagree though that the issue of nudity does not play an
important role in stelarc and kulik's work. i think that the unusual
spectacle of the naked male body is used very consciously (for kulik
in relation esp. to the art world, and in stelarc's work as a
counter-pose to the 'nakedness' of the technical hardware and
processes that he battles with).

regards,
-a

Stelarc