[spectre] Caravansarai, a new meeting point and project space in Istanbul

EAF Director director at eaf.asn.au
Tue Jun 12 10:26:43 CEST 2007

Greetings From Istanbul

All is going well for me here, I have decided to
stay for several more years, to develop some
longer-term things, instead of the 4 and 5 month
projects I had been doing in the past. I've found
a great 'plant man' at the neighborhood Sunday
market and have been coming home each week with
more greenery to add to my apartment. (for me a
sure sign of 'settling') I continue my work with
the Res Artis webpage...a project I continue to
enjoy!

As my major new project:
I have initiated Caravansarai, a meeting point and project space in Istanbul.
It is the very beginning : www.caravansarai.info

I'm now trying to find project funding,
partnerships and ongoing ways to cover the basic
costs.

Our first large event, ENTER Caravansari, will be
at the end of June. (information below)

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and feedback.

Please pass this information on to your contacts
or any one else who might find it interesting.

Julie Upmeyer
Visual Artist - Initiator
Istanbul

Active Ingredient
unconventionally applied creativity
julie at active-ingredient.net
www.active-ingredient.net
skype: julieupmeyer
+90 (0) 538 379 8556

Caravansarai
meeting point and project space in Istanbul
www.caravansarai.info
caravansarai.info at gmail.com

  - - - - - - - - - -

  ?
Caravansarai is a meeting point and project space in Istanbul
www.caravansarai.info
caravansarai.info at gmail.com

  - physically located in a street-level & basement space in Beyoglu
  - digitally situated as a wiki and live media
stream, exploring the virtual possibilities for
interaction, allowing trans-national discussion
and production

Caravansarai is an open investigation into
working and being in Istanbul, involving
individuals of all kinds interested to share
knowledge & experiences.

Caravansarai encourages live practice-led
research, involving projects that relate to:

  - interaction in its many forms, between people and with spaces and materials
  - sharing & documenting of knowledge & experiences
  - the crossovers between online presence and material life
  - the collaborative possibilities between individuals, projects and groups

Be involved by:
  - using the space for your workshops, events, projects
  - developing projects in collaboration with Caravansarai
  - contribute to the Caravansarai wiki, or participate in an upcoming project

Turkçe için: www.caravansarai.info

- - - - - - - - - -

June 27-30 2007

ENTER Caravansarai

55 hours to
engage - make - dance - cook - teach - talk - do
- jump - trade - cook - play - listen - meld -
sing - learn - eat - juxtapose - explore -
research - amalgamate - observe - decide - fuse -
ask - sew - tell stories - play - transmit -
write - perform - make messes - build - fly -
improvise - shape - think - meet - act - move -
circulate - share - swing - follow - develop -
communicate - lead - effect - implement -
participate - form - answer - go - grow - roar -
flip - celebrate - compose - forge - produce -
understand

'Enter Caravansarai' is the opening
festival/workshop/party, celebrating the
beginning of a new art/social/creative
workshop/networking space in Istanbul.

It is an open invitation for anyone who wishes to
be a part, to teach, perform, present or in any
other way occupy 30 or 60 minutes of time.

This live and transnational event, and its
documentation, will become the premise and
starting point for future actions of in the
Caravansarai space.

What happens is up to us, plans are now in developmentŠ

Day 1 - June 27 - 12:00 to 24:30 - Sounds, Suspension & Vegetables
Day 2 - June 28 - 12:00 to 24:30 - Meat, Cords & Missionaries
Day 3 - June 29 - 12:00 to 03:00 - Markets, Animals & Surveillance
Day 4 - June 30 - 12:00 to 03:00 - Dirt, Juice & Vertical Life

We will be operating this event in parallel with
our partners, Taidekoulu MMA, in Suomenlinna -
the UNESCO Sea-Fortress island, off the coast of
Helsinki - in Finland, mutually contributing to
each other's event.

We can provide the following tools and other resources for you to use..

  - laptop and data-projector
  - cd/dvd player & sound system
  - kitchen and cooking facilities
  - open audio-visual 'stream' Finland (for
interactions and simultaneous happenings)
  - street and basement level Caravansarai project spaces

Suggested activities..

  - performances, storytelling
  - sharing knowledge of any kind - how to make a blog, how to train pigeonsŠ
  - experimental or traditional cooking
  - dancing, music, singing
  - participatory games, activities, art creation
  - film, research or art projects

to take your 30 or 60 minutes, send a mail to
e-mail: caravansarai.info at gmail.com with the
following information:

   - time and day you would like
   - title of your session
   - brief description of what you will do (no more than a few sentences)
   - your name, email, mobile telephone number and any other contact information
   - language of your session (Turkish, English, other)
   - how you will be presentŠ in person? remotely
connected? what kind of connection?
   - materials that you need (what you will bring,
what we need to set up, what else you need)

For more information and current time table please visit:
http://caravansarai.stikipad.com/home/show/27-30.6.07+Enter+Caravansarai

Turkçe icin: www.caravansarai.info

julie at active-ingredient.net
www.active-ingredient.net
skype: julieupmeyer
+90 (0) 538 379 8556

Caravansarai
caravansarai.info at gmail.com

--
EXPERIMENTAL ART FOUNDATION
Director: Melentie Pandilovski

Lion Arts Centre North Terrace at Morphett Street
Adelaide * PO Box 8091 Station Arcade South
Australia 5000 * Tel: +618 8211 7505  * Fax +618
8211 7323 * eaf at eaf.asn.au  * Bookshop:
eafbooks at eaf.asn.au * http://www.eaf.asn.au