[spectre] Takeaway Festival 2 Dana Centre, Science Museum May 9-11 2007

karel dudesek karel.dudesek at googlemail.com
Thu May 3 16:33:10 CEST 2007

Takeaway Festival 2 Dana Centre, Science Museum May 9-11 2007

The three day extravaganza of talks, workshops, performances and
exhibitions returns for the 2nd time to the Dana Centre in London.
Workshops: Arduino, Processing, Blogging, HIVE networking, Drupal,
Critical Practice, Little Sound DJ
Book your place on a workshop via the Dana Centre’s website http://
www.danacentre.org.uk

The silent revolution goes on! Technology continues to quietly
transform creative possibilities, social structures, communication
networks and business opportunities.

This time the festival will have more participation from
undergraduates from degree courses across the country and we are
showcasing their work in the Dana Centre exhibition spaces. This work
is ground breaking and original, and finds interesting solutions for
old problems and demonstrates new relationships between technology
and other media.

The Takeaway Festival tries to identify the changing interfaces
between technology and practice. It celebrates a D-I-Y praxis that is
infusing the creative landscape and challenging the status quo of top
down software and proprietary licensing.

  http://www.takeawayfestival.com

Takeaway Festival 2 is supported by the Arts Council of England,
Thames Valley University and the Dana Centre