[spectre] HMKV in September / October 2007

Inke Arns inke.arns at snafu.de
Wed Sep 19 10:46:16 CEST 2007

Dear Spectres,

the workshop "Soldering & Programming: My Little
Robot" for boys and girls between 11-14 has just
ended and has ben a great success. Under the
direction of the media artist Karl Heinz Jeron
(Berlin) twelve small autonomously moving and
music making robots have been built. The
participants, the artist, the parents and the
HMKV team are enthralled! The workshop will be
documented at
http://www.hmkv.de/dyn/e_program_events/.

Meanwhile, HMKV has, in cooperation with
[plug.in], opened the first Swiss solo show of
German media artist Thomas Koener: PNEUMA
MONOXYD, on view at [plug.in], St. Alban-Rheinweg
64, CH-4052 Basel until 14 October 2007.
http://welcome.weallplugin.org/

Now we are on the home stretch: The exhibition
"History Will Repeat Itself - Strategies of
re-enactment in contemporary (media) art and
performance" will be on view only until Sunday,
September 23, 2007! For those who intend to make
a last minute arrangement: The exhibition at
PHOENIX Halle Dortmund is open Thu + Fri 11:00 -
22:00, Sat + Sun 11:00 - 20:00. From November 18,
2007, it will be on view at KW Institute for
Contemporary Art in Berlin.
http://www.hmkv.de/dyn/e_program_exhibitions/

We would like to announce the two upcoming
exhibitions in October which will both be opened
on Friday, October 5, 2007, at 19:00:

ANNE POEHLMANN: WALKTHROUGH
Exhibition of the media art grant of the State of NRW 2006

SIE NENNEN ES REALITAET (They call it reality)
The Media & Art course of the Zuercher Hochschule
der Kuenste (ZHdK) presented by HMKV, in the
framework of "CROSSKICK - European Art Academies
hosted by German Kunstvereine", a project by
Arbeitsgemeinschaft deutscher Kunstvereine (ADKV)

HMKV at PHOENIX Halle Dortmund
October 6 - 21,  2007
Opening: Friday, October 5, 2007, 19:00
Thu + Fri 11:00 - 22:00
Sat + Sun 11:00 - 20:00

Comprehensive programme (performances and
presentations) on October 5, 6, and 14, 2007
http://www.hmkv.de/dyn/e_program_events/

We look forward to seeing you at PHOENIX Halle!

The HMKV team

--

Dr. Inke Arns
Künstlerische Leiterin / Artistic Director
inke.arns at hmkv.de
www.hmkv.de, www.inkearns.de