[spectre] FINAL CALL for Project Room Proposal for Microwave International New Media Arts Festival 2007

festival at microwavefest.net festival at microwavefest.net
Sat Sep 22 06:54:57 CEST 2007

Microwave International New Media Arts Festival 2007

Open call for Proposal on Project Room

Based in Hong Kong, the annual Microwave International New Media Arts
Festival is a pioneering festival of its kind, both in Asia and
internationally. The theme of this years festival is
LUMINOUS ECHO

 an attempt to display works of public interest that explore the
relationship between sound and light, with an emphasis to break down
the barrier between man and machine, and heighten the interactivity
between people and electronic media art. The Festival will run from
10 - 18 November 2007.

Microwave Project Room is a new initiative to seek open submission
from field artists as well as nominations from tertiary media-art
institutions. It is our goal to encourage artists and students to
make new attempts, and maintain a highly experimental spirit in art
production via exchanges, discussion and exhibition. As a highlight
of this project, we will request the artist to disclose the creative
process of the artwork, which will be shared in some form with the
public.

Project Room installations will be exhibited in the Hong Kong Film
Archive exhibition hall from 10  18 November 2007.

Theme: LUMINOUS ECHO

An exploration on the relationship between sound and lighting

Application Requirements:

Proposals should fit in our Festival theme. We invite curator and
artist to submit proposals as a unit --- each curator should pair up
with an artist. Overseas applications are welcomed.

Selection Criteria:

- originality

- brilliance in artistic conceptual

- skillful use of programming

- excellence in execution

- dynamic in experimental approaches

- ability to material concepts into presentation

Application Guidelines:

Please send the following materials to Microwave by post or email:

1. Exhibition proposal explaining the content and form of the project

2. Curator CV

3. Artist's portfolio with visuals and short descriptions of works

4. Technical requirements

5. Budget Plan

Address:

Microwave International New Media Art Festival

 11/F, Fu Tak Building

365 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Attn: Ms. Joel Kwong

Email: nora_ng at microwavefest.net

Deadline of application (postponed):

30th Sept, 2007

Announcement of Results:

Five finalists will be selected by a distinguished panel of judges
that include artists, curators and industry leaders. Finalists will
be given sponsorship to complete their works, which will be exhibited
during the Microwave International New Media Arts Festival.

For enquiries, please contact Ms. Nora Ng at
nora_ng at microwavefest.net <mailto:nora_ng at microwavefest.net>

More information on Microwave International New Media Arts Festival,
please visit http://www.microwavefest.net

PREFERENCES 更新設定:
http://www.microwavefest.net/lists/index.php?p=preferences&uid=aabc8723b5baffdc5b46a1d1d1ade1b4
FORWARD 轉寄信件給朋友