[spectre] Web performance by Renee Turner on Monday 15 Dec.

aabrahams aabrahams at bram.org
Mon Dec 8 22:04:18 CET 2008

Please join us on Monday December 15th, 20h30 Paris time, for a web
performance by Renee Turner in the "Double Bind" series of
panoplie.org.

Postcards from my desktop

"I would like to write you so simply, so simply, so simply."
Jacques Derrida, The Postcard: From Socrates to Freud and Beyond

Postcards from my desktop is a performance mixing RSS news feeds and
simultaneous transcription. Sending snippets of communiqués across the
ether, the work plays with interpretation, point of view and the
imperfections of streaming technology.
Seeing the desktop as an exotic place where the world converges
through RSS, the performance explores the limits of translation,
immediacy and communication.

Renée Turner writes digital narratives and has been a member of De
Geuzen: a foundation for multi-visual research since 1996. Her work
can be viewed at: http://www.geuzen.org/ and
http://www.fudgethefacts.com/

Access to the performances is open to all. You only have to connect to
http://2008.panoplie.org/DoubleBind on Monday the 15th at 8.30 pm
GMT+1 (Paris local time). Please follow this URL
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_FR.aspx?y=2008&mo=12&d=16&h=20&mn=30
to find your local hour.
However, you will have to subscribe to panoplie to obtain a password
in order to participate in the chat. (Top left of the screen)

Hope to meet you there.

Ps