[spectre] INTERNET DISORDERS - Internet Health Institute

Tue Dec 16 00:34:52 CET 2008

INTERNET DISORDERS
Internet Health Institute
19 12 2008 - 20:30
Brussels @ iMAL

STATEMENT : The Internet modifies our desires, changes our
relationship to the others, to time and space, to the news, and could
turn into obsession. To any new context, we can observe, combine - or
even create - new pathologies such as: physical troubles: neuro-
muscular diseases; back, neck or wrist pain; carpal tunnel syndrome;
eyestrain; watering or tickling of the eyes; ophthalmic migraines...;
behavioral disorders: cyber-addiction, ego-navigation, web-voyeurism,
cyberchondria (web-hypochondria), web-exhibitionnism, wikipediolie:
sleep disorders; obsessional behavior disorders; attention-deficit
disorders; hyperactivity, schizophrenia... to such an extent that web
addiction could be recognized as a clinical pathology. We are so far
from the ideal of human strength and virility accessible by a simple
click on a spam, this other web deviance.
Invited by iMAL, the Internet Health Institue present INTERNET
DISORDERS, an evening to make you sick and experiment these web
disorders and pathologies with installation(s) made during the
Antidatamining workshop and A/V performances and installations by
RYBN, Isjtar and projectsinge.

PROGRAM

HPSN#001: RESONANT HEALING PRINCIPLE [RYBN]
ANTIFLICKR LONG EXPOSURE INNOCULATION [RYBN]
CATATONIC STATE SOCIETY [ISJTAR]
***BE A HERO! [DEMOLECULARISATION /projectsinge]
PAMELA [AUDIOVISUAL ANARCHY /projectsinge]

DETAILED PROGRAM :
http://www.imal.org/InternetDisorders/

iMAL, Center for digital cultures and technology
30 Quai des Charbonnages / Koolmijnenkaai 30, 1080 Brussels
(metro Comte de Flandre / Graaf van Vlanderen)