[spectre] Hans Ulrich Obrist: Beijing Mini-Marathon

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Tue Dec 30 09:26:45 CET 2008

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 18:39:38 -0500
From: Art-Agenda <art-agenda at mailer.e-flux.com>
Subject: Hans Ulrich Obrist: Beijing Mini-Marathon

vitamin creative space

<http://www.vitamincreativespace.com>Battery City:
A Post-Olympic Beijing
Mini-Marathon
Statement from Hans Ulrich Obrist

Time: 31st December 2008 2:00pm - 1st January 2009 2:00am
Location: the shop, Beijing
B1-1503, Building 15, Jianwai SOHO
39 East 3rd-Ring Rd.,Chaoyang District
Beijing, 100022, China
Contact: Tel/Fax:0086-10-59004374
mail at vitamincreativespace.com
(Publications are available for order)

<
http://www.vitamincreativespace.com> http://www.vitamincreativespace.com

	 1) The Don't Stop Principle: We never stop.
2) NBO (New Beijing Optimism) : In the lull of Post-Olympic flagging
pep, and in the spirit of our declaration of NLO (New London
Optimism) at last October's Manifesto Marathon at the Serpentine
Gallery in London, it is imperative to identify this moment as a
force for optimism; we are here to proclaim NBO.
3) Anti-Cyclicality: Having purposely abstained from the rush to
concert activities around the Beijing Olympics, we are anti-cyclical;
This is it, now: The dawn of the New Year is no incentive for pause.
4) Polyphony of Marathons: This Beijing Mini-Marathon is not the
first, but one in a chain of mini-marathons taking place in the city,
the first being Beijing Pavilion: this event is urgent.
5) Trans-Disciplinarity: We direct our scope to a plurality of
scenes; Chinese art cannot accept boundaries - those of disciplines,
of generations, of geographies: Chinese art must have an open mind.
6) Book Machine: the Beijing Mini-Marathon event is a real-time
complex dynamic feedback loop; the event will produce a publication,
a document, a battery: a machine that generates energy for future
development in the Chinese context.

Hans Ulrich Obrist will interview:
Ai Weiwei, Cao Fei, Zhang Anding, Xiao He, Zhang Da, Kang He, Wang
Jianwei, Jia Zhangke, Jiang Jun, Ma Yansong, YangJiang Group, and Zak
Kyes.

Special Sound Performance by Yan Jun

Inserted group discussion conducted by Jiang Jun (chief editor of
Urban China) with participants: Hong Huang, Liu Zhizhi, Shi Jian, Shu
Kexin, and Zhou Rong.