[spectre] SoundNetwork Open Call for Submissions of Audio Art Work

Tim Lambert legslambert at mac.com
Wed Feb 20 15:23:39 CET 2008

=====

'The Comfort of Strangers'
at SoundNetwork's Autonomous Village, Futuresonic 2008, Contact
Theatre, Manchester, UK
1-4 May 2008

Open call for submissions of audio art works: closing date - 28th March

=====

At Futuresonic 2008 in Manchester, 1-4 May, SoundNetwork will be
creating a brand new kind of social space close to the centre of the
festival where artists and visitors alike can meet, relax and
experience sonic art. Our cafe will be an exhibition and an exhibit.
Where ever you sit to drink your coffee, eat your cake, and talk
there will be access to audio work (by means of headphone outlets
inserted into the furniture) or a local network that allows you to
experience and interact with sonic art work on your own laptop. In
addition there will be live performances at our Binary Jam event
showcasing some of the best emerging talent in live sound art and
experimental music.

SoundNetwork are inviting submissions of stereo (and mono) audio work
to be shown as part of The Comfort of Strangers headphone exhibition.

With respect to the theme of the festival, The Social, we are only
seeking work created by collectives, groups, ensembles or any other
kinds of collaborations from anywhere around the world. We especially
welcome submissions from registered members of the network and would
encourage you to register with us on our website. Work made by
individuals will not be accepted for this exhibition.

You can download an application form at: http://
soundnetwork.omweb.org and find out more about how to send us your work.

The closing date for this call is 28th March 2008.

http://www.futuresonic.com