[spectre] Vision'R vj festival (post club) - AVit France - Call for submissions

info at reseaux-creation.org info at reseaux-creation.org
Tue Jan 22 11:29:06 CET 2008

Hi,

In 2008, the collaborative festival Vision’R – AVit France will take place on
April, 19th & 20th at Mains D’Oeuvres (St Ouen, north of Paris)
http://mainsdoeuvres.org

We don't know about pb with AVit name, what's up ?

Vision’R is the French vj networks festival in France.
Vision’R shows the state of VJ practices with the best of each singularity of
our art, and presents what is building our art, questionning it from the inside
(experimental VJing) and the outside (artistic expressions close to VJing).

Fantasy wars are stronger than ever in the world. VJing, as a nomadic &
polymorphous living media, can take position on this and act on.

To realize this potential and connect the festival with the present time,
projects that go in this direction will be appreciated (performative VJ act,
living installation, outdoor projects, critical workshops, experimental way to
teach & learn, political expressions, etc.) but it’s not an obligation.

The best way to escape the watchwords of an authoritarian power and to
neutralize it is to resist it, being our true selves and not what it want us to
be, rejecting its rules, inventing and expressing our way of living differently
through art and creation, far away from its competitive ideologies

So it’s up to you to send us whatever you want for Vision’R !

As in the past editions, Vision’R’s program won’t be reflects of entertainment
projects nor corporate ones. Clubbing contents or absences of content, without
self-criticism won’t be examined.

Until January 31th, send us your propositions by e-mail only, including :
- photos or videos of the project (showreel) and pictures of you « on stage »
- Artistic description of the project (intention text, theory or critical
content, aims)
- Technical description with stuff you bring, Audio/Video outputs, and what you
need

To send us a dvd of the showreel part, ask about it in the mail you’ll send us
with the other required information.

CONTACT : vision-r {at} reseaux-creation.org - {at} stands for @

Best
http://vision-r.org