[spectre] Futuresonic Conference - 1 week remaining for Early Bird registration

Drew Hemment drew at futuresonic.com
Fri Jan 25 17:19:32 CET 2008

Save £90 on a delegate pass for this acclaimed international
conference focused on the impact and implications of Online, Mobile
and Unplugged Social Networking. Futuresonic is offering Delegate
Passes at £60 for anyone registering for the conference before
February 1st.

Full Futuresonic 2008 Festival and Conference Programme announced in
February 2008

FUTURESONIC CONFERENCE: THE SOCIAL TECHNOLGIES SUMMIT

Contact Theatre, Manchester UK
1 - 2 May with supporting events 30 April & 3 May

The Futuresonic Conference brings opinion formers, futurologists,
artists, technologists and scientists from the digital culture, music
and art communities together around shared issues to do with
technology, society, art and the city. Discover the small sparks that
unfold into new ways of seeing the world and critically explore the
latest upgrade affecting today’s digital culture.

Online, Mobile and Unplugged Social Networking explored by leading
figures developing the next generation of social software alongside
Richard Stallman founder of the Free Software movement and Gerd
Leonhard on the future of music, plus sessions on mobile social
software, freeing space in the augmented city, the future of music,
how game design can revolutionise social software, OpenID and who is
keeping an eye on the kids.

The format of this year's conference will reflect the 'social' theme.
It will combine keynotes, critical debates, demos and experiences
with open space and participatory sessions.

EARLY BIRD BOOKING DISCOUNT!

Until February 1st 2008 Early Bird delegate passes can be purchased
for £60 (offer ends 1 February) and includes a Festival Music Pass
(usually £45) giving free access to key festival events. This is a
saving of £90 on the full Delegate Pass price. Priority booking
options and a registration form can be downloaded at http://
www.futuresonic.com/tickets or, alternatively, send your name and
address to ideas2008 at futuresonic.com and we will send one to you.

Visit http://www.futuresonic.com for general festival information and
subscibe to our mailing list to receive regular festival updates here
http://subscribe.futuresonic.com.

THE FUTURESONIC 2008 FESTIVAL

Futuresonic 2008
1 - 5 May, Manchester UK

Futuresonic is an annual festival of Art, Music and Ideas now in its
12th year. Full Futuresonic 2008 Programme announced in February 2008.

Extending the focus in recent years on social and participatory
artworks which re-imagine the city, the Art strand presents Social
Networking Unplugged, a major art exhibition presenting a critical
exploration of social networking featuring many new commissioned
artworks from international artists.

The RZA - the genius behind Wu-tang Clan and producer of soundtracks
for Kill Bill and Ghost Dog - headlines the Music strand as Body
Digital alongside Venetian Snares, Doppler Efekt and many more in a
cross-section of international mavericks, risk-takers, boundary-
breakers and radical music makers at 30 venues city wide.

Submissions are now invited to the EVNTS strand, for details see
http://www.futuresonic.com

CONFERENCE PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE

The Programme Committee for the Futuresonic 2008 Conference is

Anne Galloway
Beryl Graham
Charlie Gere
Gabriella Giannachi
Gunalan Nadarajan
Joel Slayton
Karen Gaskill
Leon Cruickshank
Lucy Suchman
Melinda Rackham
Michelle Kasprzak
Monika Buscher
Nina Czegledy
Paul Coulton
Sadie Plant

CONFERENCE STEERING COMMITTEE

The Conference Steering Committee consists of Ele Carpenter, Tapio
Makela, Colin Fallows, Leon Cruickshank and Drew Hemment.

http://www.futuresonic.com