[spectre] performance "true" in Singapore

miki fukuda miki at ycam.jp
Wed Jul 2 05:57:54 CEST 2008

(Sorry for cross posting. Please forward this info to your friends
living in Singapore or the participants of ISEA 2008.)

Dear all,
I'll send you information of the performance "true" which will be
shown in July, Singapore. Please experience this perfect integration
of contemporary dance and advanced technology, if you could be in
Singapore. :-)
- miki

true / 本当のこと
a new sound, light dance performance
Esplanade, Singapore
24 - 26 Jul 08, Thu - Sat, 8.30pm, Theatre Studio
70mins, no intermission
Explorations: Post-show dialogue with the creators of true on 25 Jul 08.

By Takayuki Fujimoto, Tsuyoshi Shirai, Takao Kawaguchi, Takuya
Minami, Daito Manabe, Satoshi Horii, Seiichi Saito, Motoi Ishibashi,
Masaki Teruoka, Noriko Kitamura

We think we see an unlimited number of colours in nature, but in fact
our brain sensory functions combine only three light waves. We take
the illusion of colours for reality when, in truth, this assumed
reality is a mental construct, one of many generated by ourselves day-
by-day, minute-by-minute. When these processes are clearly
demonstrated, we may re-examine our relationship to the world we
thought was predetermined.

"true" is a new sound, light and dance performance that explores the
relationship between the brain and the reality we face. true also
looks at new possibilities of and evolution in sound, lighting and
performance, made possible only with today’s technology.

Performed by dancer-choreographers Tsuyoshi Shirai and Takao
Kawaguchi, this poetic journey is a sensory experience in which the
use of high-technology devices such as LED lights, oscillators and
myoelectric sensors creates a highly enhanced sound and light
experience, and the theatre space becomes a flickering and vibrating
extension of the performers’ bodies.
"true" was premiered in September 2007 at Japan’s Yamaguchi
Center for Arts and Media [YCAM] by 10 artists from different fields
under the direction of Takayuki Fujimoto of Kyoto collective Dumb
Type. The collaborators include dancer and winner of the Toyota
Choreography Awards 2006 ,Tsuyoshi Shirai of AbsT/baneto, dancer
Takao Kawaguchi of Dumb Type, last seen in D.D.D. in The Studios last
year, music composer Daito Manabe and visual, video and visual
designer Takuya Minami. This will be the premiere performance of true
outside of Japan.

http://www.true.gr.jp

Video on YouTube:
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=xG6rBB4VYJ0

Ticket:
$28
Concessions for students, NSF and senior citizens: $20
The Studios Pass: Buy a ticket to 3 different The Studios shows at
$25 each ($18 for students, NSF and senior citizens)
Booking in the Esplanade's website:
http://www.esplanade.com/SOPApp/espsop/portal_proxy?
uri=o_nuinR7xVvpiW9f!2pKDV at 5rq-
E_AlsvZIm_9MEA at a@shK at GfG-7POZO5=WsQP0blaEsJFM

The "true" team is planning to have the traveling show in Europe,
autumn 2009. Please let us know if you are interested in having the
show at your place.

contact: info at true.gr.jp

Miki Fukuda
InterLab Manager, YCAM
(Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media)
7-7 Nakazono-cho, Yamaguchi, 753-0075 Japan
tel: +81-(0)83-901-2222
fax: +81-(0)83-901-2216
www.ycam.jp