[spectre] Short film portal of the civil society debates initiative dieGesellschafter.de is launched with the film contest short notice

Kristina Suchotzki ks at propaganda-b.de
Tue May 6 14:50:38 CEST 2008

Short film portal of the civil society debates initiative
dieGesellschafter.de is launched with the film contest short notice

In our society, we call the shots. Upload your audiovisual answer to the
question "In what kind of society do we want to live?" onto the
dieGesellschafter.de ('the Societist's) film portal and participate in the
short notice film contest. On May 2, the short film portal and  contest will
be presented to the wider public during the International Short film
Festrival Oberhausen.

Films should address the themes outlined in the Gesellschafter.de project.
There are no genre restrictions; a wide variety of genres including
documentary, short narratives, animation, mobile phone films, music clips,
experimental film etc. are expressly welcomed. Anyone with something to say
is invited to participate!

Films up to 15 minutes in length can be submitted in the following
categories:

a) Short Stories (narrative shorts)
b) 5 Minutes of Fame (people)
c) Re-Run (short dispatches, found footage collages)
d) In Tune (music, lifestyle)
e) Reality Check (newsflashes from reality)
f) Sign Language (art, experimental, sign language)
g) Get Involved! (special category for volonteer work) in cooperation with
the German Federal Working Committee for Volunteer Work

A pre-selection will be determined by online voting from which an expert
jury will select the winners. The six winning films will receive prizes
totalling 20,000 EUR.

Closing date: October 15, 2008.

short notice is  a part of Aktion Mensch's Gesellschafter initiative. »In
what kind of society do we want to live?« With this question
dieGesellschafter.de approached the population almost two years ago. Since
then the dieGesellschafter.de internet platform has been visited 2.2 million
times and 175,000 contributions have been posted. Thus dieGesellschafter.de
has become an important for political debate in Germany. Together with 75
partner organisations, Aktion Mensch is also seeking practical answers.
Approximately 5,000 grant applications for new initiatives have been
submitted. And the platform offers a free database for volunteer work which
networks interested volunteer works with charitable organisations. For more
information please visit the project platform
dieGesellschafter.de/shortnotice