[spectre] Gimme Five: McKenzie Wark

Louise Desrenards louise.desrenards at free.fr
Tue Oct 21 02:59:20 CEST 2008

Dear Friends,

During the first week of October, McKenzie Wark passing in Paris for a
conference at the Pompidou Center (the frame being the circle " The
conversations on the new industrial world " IRI/Centre Pompidou ) was
hacked with his assent by Michael Borras (the video designer and curator
from Systaime) to be published into one video clip from the serial
subject "Gimme Five" which Borras dedicates to the online magazine
"poptronics" ; as the title tells of the concept: choose five sites and
say why!

On the other hand I have asked him to tell some more words on his last
work (since the end of 2007): because the Situationist International
review #1 was published in 1958 (June) you know, 2 issues same year, the
second in December, while we are reaching 2008 November....

http://www.poptronics.fr/Pop-surf-McKenzie-Wark-penseur (the video is
the English version)

While the virtual value as money making admit the chaos theory enter the
society as a rule of managing the current world, such a review which
returns to the source of the city in full overtaking of the political
economy, of which the primitive postmodern thinker was Henri Lefebvre
with his view from the production of space, there falls sheer;-)

FORuM Project Publications; Series Ed.: Ockman, Joan
http://www.amazon.com/Recuperation-Situationist-International-Project-Publications/dp/1568987897/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1224549948&sr=11-1
http://www.springer.com/series/8337

http://www.greylodge.org/gpc/?p=1146

Cheers