[spectre] ||||| CALL FOR ENTRIES: UNTIL SEPTEMBER 5, 2008

info at art-action.org info at art-action.org
Tue Sep 2 17:53:18 CEST 2008

dear specters,
please find below a short reminder about our current call for entries
still open until september 5.
best
jfr

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The 'Rencontres Internationales' will take place in Paris in November
2008 at the Centre Pompidou, at the Jeu de Paume national museum and in
other key locations. The same program will be presented in Madrid in
April 2009 and in Berlin in June 2009.
Those three events will propose an international programming focusing on
film, video and multimedia, gathering works of artists and filmmakers
acknowledged on the international scene along with young artists and
filmmakers.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANIZATION CAN SUBMIT ONE OR SEVERAL PROPOSALS. THE
CALL FOR ENTRIES IS OPEN TO FILM, VIDEO AND MULTIMEDIA PROPOSALS,
without any restriction for length or genre. All submissions are free,
regardless of geographical origin
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

FILM AND VIDEO (any film and video format)
* Video / Experimental video
* Fiction - short, medium and feature length
* Documentary, experimental documentary
* Experimental Film
* Animation

MULTIMEDIA
* Video installation, multimedia installation * Net art * Multimedia
performance, multimedia concert

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Video and film submissions are received on DVD. ALL submissions are sent
by postal mail, enclosed with a filled-in ONLINE ENTRY FORM, UNTIL
SEPTEMBER 5, 2008 (postmarked). Entry form and information regarding the
'Rencontres internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid' are posted on our
website http://art-action.org/en_info_appel.htm
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

PLEASE FORWARD this piece of information to creative organizations, art
networks, production organizations, artists and filmmakers you are in
contact with.

PARIS/BERLIN/MADRID
In 2007, the 'Rencontres Internationales', which initially took place in
Paris and Berlin, opened up to a third city: Madrid. This event now
constitutes a unique artistic and cultural platform in Europe where
artists can meet, to exchange with a wide audience, to develop new
projects. The venues in the three cities are in particular the Centre
Pompidou and the Jeu de Paume national museum in Paris, the Haus der
Kulturen der Welt in Berlin, the Reina Sofia national museum and the
Spanish Cinematheque in Madrid.

The 'Rencontres Internationales' offers more than a simple presentation
of the works. They introduce an intercultural forum gathering various
guests from all over the world - artists and filmmakers, institutions
and emerging organizations - to testify of their reflections and of
their experiences, but also of artistic and cultural contexts that are
often experiencing deep changes.
The 'Rencontres Internationales' reflects specificities and convergences
of art practices between new cinema and contemporary art, explores
emerging media art practices and their critical purposes, and work out
this necessary time when points of view meet and are exchanged.
The event aims at presenting those works to a broad audience, at
creating circulations between different art practices and between
different audiences, as well as creating new exchanges between artists,
filmmakers and professionals.
It wishes to contribute to a reflection on our contemporary culture of
image via a demanding program opened to everyone.