[spectre] In memoriam: Oleg Kireev (1975-2009)

Inke Arns inke.arns at snafu.de
Sun Apr 5 15:11:41 CEST 2009

Dear friends,

it is with incredible sadness that I learned about Oleg Kireev's
death. He apparently committed suicide on Thursday in Moscow.

Oleg was a very good friend and colleague whom I got to know via the
Syndicate mailing list about ten or twelve years ago. I've alway had
the deepest respect for the critical/theoretical/activist work he did
in such an incredibly adversarial context as in contemporary Russia.

I will miss him a lot.

Inke Arns

----------------

In memoriam: Oleg Kireev

On Friday April 3, 2009 we received the terribly sad news that our
friend and ever inspiring colleague Oleg Kireev from Moscow had died,
apparently as a result of suicide. We are left behind as friends and
colleagues, bereaved and puzzled by this dramatic fact. Kireev was a
prominent guest in some of the most important projects in the art /
media / politics triangle, which we had the honour developing at De
Balie. Kireev was a crucial figure in circles of free culture, media
activism and the arts in Moscow, one of the most demanding
environments for such activity one can think of.

(...)

Eric Kluitenberg

http://www.debalie.nl