[spectre] Re: Re: In memoriam: [...] Oleg Kireev

stephen kovats kovats at transmediale.de
Thu Apr 9 11:43:52 CEST 2009

hi all,

this is absolutely shocking - and disturbing news! Oleg was certainly
more than an activist, whether VIP or not, but a brilliant artist
whose art was the language of critical discourse and action where -
to echo Inke's words - such forms of expression are not readily
accepted as art but as subversive activity against the state. It's
incredible, and for me somewhat incomprehensible, that these
pressures may have contributed to Oleg's loss.

it's very sad, and perhaps a wake up call of sorts ...

greetings,

Stephen

On 09.04.2009, at 00:40, Diana McCarty wrote:

> Thanks for this incredible bit of insight. I am sure that everybody
> mourning the tragic loss of a friend and colleague that they adored
> should really take a few minutes to consider the injustice of this.
> We should all take a few minutes to worry about totally irrelevant
> people that don't actually do anything other than whine about who
> might be getting a bit of attention. Bravo. Well done.
>

>> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 12:02:41 +0200
>> From: Matze Schmidt <matze.schmidt at n0name.de>
>> Subject: [spectre] Re: In memoriam: [...]
>> To: spectre at mikrolisten.de
>>
>>> Very important Russian activist
>>
>> It is still interesting that the distinction between VIP activists
>> and
>> Non-VIP activists is alive.

artistic director
transmediale.10 | 2 - 7 feb 2010
festival for art and digital culture berlin

klosterstr. 68 - 10179 berlin - germany
fon +49 30 24749 761 fax +49 30 24749 763
http://www.transmediale.de

kulturprojekte berlin gmbh
aufsichtsratsvorsitzender volker heller
geschäftsführer moritz van dülmen
amtsgericht berlin charlottenburg, HRB 41312 B