[spectre] Investigating Asian Internet-based Art. Part 1.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Aug 11 01:35:20 CEST 2009

Sorry for any cross posting...

Investigating Asian Internet-based Art. Part 1.

Article by Darleen Principe.
http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=355

An investigation on the concept of identity in Asian Internet-based art.
These works are not necessarily net.art in the traditional sense, but
they have two things in common - they are by Asian artists and they
explore the concept of identity through digital means. Featuring artists
C.J. Yeh and artist Dyske Syematsu.

"As a Furtherfield.org intern, I recently began a research project to
find and investigate net.art originating from Asian countries. Coming
from an Asian background myself, I thought it would be worthwhile to
explore the field in hopes of making some self-reflexive connections."

Other Info:

We are on Twitter
http://twitter.com/furtherfield

Other reviews/articles/interviews