[spectre] UBERMORGEN BOOK

Ruben Coen Cagli rcagli at aecom.yu.edu
Mon Aug 17 06:16:08 CEST 2009

trying again

Subject: Re: [spectre] UBERMORGEN BOOK
From:    "ruben coen cagli" <rcagli at aecom.yu.edu>
Date:    Wed, August 5, 2009 1:18 pm
To:      spectre at mikrolisten.de

On Aug 5, 2009, at 1:20 AM, KissPal wrote:
> From: "UBERMORGEN" Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 6:38 PM
>> The project section of the catalogue features exemplary projects such
> as (...) Amazon Noir (...)
>> ORDER NOW!
>> Amazon.de:
> I appreciate the work of  UBERMORGEN
> and it was high time to have a detailed publication about their work, but
> i find the constellation above both remarkable and characteristic, sz.

Interestingly, it bears the same kind of recursiveness that many have
noticed few years ago "'No Logo'  is copyrighted by Klein and was
published by a multinational corporation" (source wikipedia). And
"Gomorrah" was published in Italy by Mondadori which is owned by the
Berlusconi's. I am sure we can find many other beautiful examples.

A lateral thought. Neuroscience also has a recursive flavor, where
synaptic transmission is both the object of investigation and the
material substrate for thinking and therefore investigating: there is no
way out of this loop, no 'other' substance that mind is made of. But of
course we hope and believe it is not so for social and economic
structures, right?

Still, I cried for Gomorrah, learned a lot from No Logo, and am in love
with Amazon Noir ;)

Thanks for pointing to this inextricable controversy of our time!

Ruben