[spectre] Re: Generative Nature - critical essay

Matze Schmidt matze.schmidt at n0name.de
Sat Feb 28 13:45:29 CET 2009

> "In the evening I give some
> instructions to the computer, which processes data and autonomously
> generates lines, forms and colours during the night; in the morning, when I
> wake up, I judge the results. If I like the product I will keep it, if it is
> not satisfying I will throw it."

Please don't forget that generations built up the technology before you
use it and don't forget the work behind your work of art, namely the labor
at the workbench and the assembly line which made the plastic and the
integrated circuits what one calls a computer, which never is
evolutionary natural but revolutionary made out of it--btw. this was
called "art" on former times.