[spectre] Controversy in Dublin, Ireland

Séamas Cain seamascain at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:24:40 CEST 2009

_______________

Dublin Writers Festival
http://www.dublinwritersfestival.com

Dear Administrators,

Once again the Dublin Writers Festival has excluded Irish-language
writers from any meaningful participation in the Festival events and
activities.  This behaviour by the organizers is shameful, offensive,
and imperious.  Indeed, I call for a boycott of the Dublin Writers
Festival.  It is my intention to urge writers, artists, and other
citizens (in Ireland, Britain, the U.S. and other countries) to
withdraw any and all support from the Festival and its activities.  I
urge an earthquake of a protest campaign until there is a constructive
remedy to this imperiousness!

For creative diversity in Ireland,

Séamas Cain
http://alazanto.org/seamascain