[spectre] Sensity by Stanza reviewed by Mark Hancock.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu May 28 17:03:23 CEST 2009

Sensity by Stanza.

Review by Mark Hancock on Furtherfield.org.
http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=348

Sensity monitors the changing state of the environment and transmits it
from remote sensors back to a central hub that visually represents the
location. Through this observation of the location and data gathering,
Sensity brings to mind questions regarding our urban society.

It draws our attention to the ever-shifting mood of the city. This ebb
and flow, viewed over a period of time, might, one imagines, bring about
some kind of anthropomorphism in our relationship to the environment. In
the same way that an anonymous animal, viewed over a period of time,
gradually shows personal characteristics, so does a city. It becomes a
barometer of all our psychic imprints on it.

'These artworks represent the movement of people, pollution in the air,
the vibrations and sounds of buildings. They are in effect emergent
social sculptures visualizing the emotional state of the city.' Stanza.

Other Reviews and articles on furtherfield.org
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php