[spectre] 1.12 > Globale Film Fest presents an open roundtable discussion "Becoming the Media" (in Berlin)

Podp Yvol podska at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:50:46 CET 2009

Globale Film Festival invites:

An Open Roundtable discussion:
"Becoming the Media”
with: Ak Kraak, Joanne Richardson, XL Terrestrials, Globale

December 1st / Tuesday
19.30h at New Yorck in Bethanien
"Raum für emanzipatorische Projekte"
Südflügel, Mariannenplatz 2A, Kreuzberg

The former censorship of the mainstream media has now turned into new
and more refined forms of disinformation, based on overload and noise
rather than the removal of information. At the same time, the claim
for the democratization of the media, which in the past 10 years gave
birth to a large number of independent media projects, seems to have
empowered the web 2.0 user-generated content platforms.

-What is the use of counter-information in such media environments?
-Does something like a "General Public" still exist?
-And what about media activism aside from the patterns of leftist propaganda?

These questions are proposed as possible starting points for an open
roundtable organized by Globale Film Festival together with filmmakers
and groups who are making a political use of images, in order to think
together and discuss different tactics and strategies. The
participants will show one or more video excerpts taken from their own
works or others which can be shown as examples to feed the
discussion.To be continued.

All are welcome!

With respect to international participants, the discussion shall be in English
( but questions + comments welcome in any language, we'll do our best
to translate )

- akkraak.squat.net/

- subsol.c3.hu/joanne/videos.html
http://subsol.c3.hu/subsol_2/contributors3/richardsontext3.html

- xlterrestrials.org/plog

- globale-filmfestival.org

contact:
info (at) globale-filmfestival.org

Hope you can join us,

Podinski

ps. Already started writing some text / notes for the presentation,
and if you are unable to attend but interested in the theme, we hope
to include a small report on the event at the Xlterrestrials site...
and feel free to send us any comments or perspectives to add to the
discussion here:

- xlterrestrials.org/plog

Included are a list of possible media clips presented by the XLt
collective from their upcoming media analysis tour:
"Don't Feed the Monsters!"

XLterrestrials
arts + praxis organisms +
unlicensed psychomedia analysis