[spectre] SCANZ 2011: Eco sapiens CALL

czegledy at interlog.com czegledy at interlog.com
Sat Oct 17 04:26:01 CEST 2009

/
\\\\\\\  \ \ \ \   \  \  \  \      SCANZ 2011: Eco sapiens

Extinction or adaptation? Evolution or Revolution? What are we facing?

The complexity and urgency of the crises of today calls for us to engage
together in new ways. Deep shifts in our consciousness may be required for
long-term cultural changes to occur. This is a call for expressions of
interest from people who are concerned with these issues.

A symposium followed by a residency is to be held late January to early
February 2011 in New Plymouth, Aotearoa New Zealand. Initial expressions of
interest are due 21 November, 2009.

\
//////////////// /     Symposium

The SCANZ 2011: Eco sapiens symposium will be an event involving individuals
from a number of different worlds (e.g scientists, artists, social activists
and community change agents, cultural commentators, educators, tangata
whenua). Our primary aim is to facilitate connections and foster innovative,
and practical solutions to the issues we are facing. Accordingly, a mixture
of presentations, discussions, informal exchanges and workshops are planned.
Roger Malina will be presenting from France on 'Open observatories', and Te
Huirangi Waikerepuru will speak on Maori conceptions of environment. The
symposium will inspire and inform the residency that follows, and also
provide opportunities for people to collaborate on projects beyond SCANZ.

\
//////////////// /     Residency

The SCANZ 2011: Eco sapiens two week residency is designed for those
individuals or groups who would like to work on creative, poetically
pragmatic or provocative projects which raise awareness of the issues that
confront us, generate connections between people, and with their natural
environment, and which grapple with the challenges of individual and
collective evolution.

Interdisciplinary approaches and the involvement of diverse groups is
welcomed. Residency projects can take place in a wirelessly networked
botanic garden, along the coastline and with communities. Networked, DIY, or
otherwise actively and openly distributed concepts are also encouraged.
Project participants are not necessarily required to be in New Plymouth.
Residency projects that are shortlisted will be included in funding
applications.

Expressions of Interest   _   Please supply:

1. Name of main contact person. Name of the collaborative group where
applicable.

2. Affiliated or associated organisations (if applicable).

3. Symposium _ Please provide up to a half page summary of your proposed
contribution, including your background, and interest, in the themes we have
presented.

4. Residency _ If you are interested in attending the residency, please
provide a half page summary of your proposed project, clearly stating how
you feel the project addresses concerns raised.

Propositional expressions of interest, i.e. those that propose working with
organisations or people not yet contacted, are acceptable.

//////////////// /   Email this to:  ecosapiens at intercreate.org  by November
21st 2009.

/.><.\  For more information please see:

SCANZ 2011: Eco sapiens  _  http://www.intercreate.org/view/eco-sapiens/