[spectre] V2_Newsletter November 2009

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Tue Oct 27 14:41:23 CET 2009

V2_Newsletter November 2009

V2_Events: The Origins of Innocence
Oct - Nov 22, Rotterdam

Exhibition open 12–6pm daily except Monday
Special exhibition location: Witte de Withstraat 63, Rotterdam

Bernie Lubell’s exhibition The Origins of Innocence, on view at V2_
through November 22, has received an enthusiastic audience response.
Several visitors have even compared his machines to Leonardo Da Vinci’s.
Anyone who hasn’t yet been to see the work can get an impression by
watching a video of Bernie Lubell on YouTube or on our website. Don't
miss this exhibition!

http://www.v2.nl/events/the-origins-of-innocence

V2_Events: V2_ at the Internationaal Beeldfestival Rotterdam 2009
October 30–31, Rotterdam

Rotterdam’s new “Internationaal Beeldfestival” will take place on
October 30 and 31 in the Lloydkwartier district. Various Dutch and
foreign institutions, including V2_, are contributing to the program,
which affords a broad and fascinating picture of various aspects of the
media and image-making industry. V2_ has invited Julius von Bismark to
give a presentation on his Image Fulgurator. The project won the Prix
Ars Electronica for best interactive artwork at the Ars Electronica
Festival 2008 in Linz, Austria.

For tickets and complete program information, visit the festival site at
http://www.beeldfestival.nl.

http://www.juliusvonbismarck.com/fulgurator

V2_Lab: Intimacy

V2_ received many responses to its call for a fashion designer to work
on Studio Roosegaarde and V2_Lab’s wearable technology project Intimacy.
We hereby wish once again to extend our sincere thanks to all the
applicants. Designer Maartje Dijkstra is now at work designing and
making the first prototype. We plan to present it publicly at the next
Test_Lab.

We also have good news related to media artist Daan Roosegaarde. His
installation Dune 4.2 has been given a permanent home in the Rotterdam
neighborhood of De Esch and will be officially opened on October 29. It
was also announced recently that Roosegaarde’s work Flow 5.0 had won
the Dutch Design Award in the spatial design category.

http://www.v2.nl/lab/projects/intimacy

V2_Institute for the Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam