[spectre] Opening TRUST Exhibition, 30.7. im Dortmunder U

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Wed Jul 28 09:55:36 CEST 2010

Dear friends of ISEA2010 RUHR,

You can count the days until ISEA2010 RUHR's first exhibition opening.
TRUST will open in a few days and we are very much looking forward to this
show at the Dortmunder U - Centre for Art and Creativity. You are all heartily
invited to attend the opening.

TRUST
Sat 31 July - Sun 5 September 2010
An exhibition at the Dortmunder U (organized by Hartware MedienkunstVerein)
Opening: Fri 30 July 2010, 19:00h, with the performance "Diffusion /
Acoustics" by Thomas Ankersmit (nl) und Antoine Chessex (ch).

With works by: Seiko Mikami (jp), Carsten Nicolai (de), knowbotic research
(ch/at/de), Milica Tomic (rs), Ariel Guzik (mx), Joan Leandre (es), Joyce
Hinterding (au), Julien Maire (de/fr), Naeem Mohaiemen (bd), HC Gilje
(no), Sophie Bélair Clément (qc/ca), Konrad Becker (at), Verena Friedrich
(de), Antoine Schmitt (fr).

Trust is a major factor in all human relations and it is the basis of
communication. We trust the validity of rules, codes and conventions, and
we have confidence in others. The same goes for media and technical
systems as we entrust them with our wishes and longings. One may hold a
nagging doubt and suspicion about them, yet we feel an urge to keep faith
with the apparatuses and their simulacra when we consign them to tell us a
good story, to convey the truth, and to make our lives better, healthy,
and wholesome.

The group exhibition TRUST explores the aesthetics of this confidence by
questioning its status, attempting to challenge the audience's convictions
and by encouraging a reflected dialogue with machines and media. The works
in the show point to the desires as well as the ethical and emotional
dilemmas that arise from this attitude of trust.

Seiko Mikami, Ariel Guzik, Joyce Hinterding, Sophie Bélair Clément, Konrad
Becker, HC Gilje, Verena Friedrich and Julien Maire will be attending the
opening of the show.

A catalogue accompanying the exhibition will be published on 19 August
2010 by Kehrer Verlag. Andreas Broeckmann, Stefan Riekeles and Thomas Munz
(ed.). Texts by Andreas Broeckmann, Stefan Riekeles and others. ISBN
978-3-86828-158-3. EUR 20 (during the festival EUR 18).

Curated by Andreas Broeckmann and Stefan Riekeles.
TRUST is funded by Kunststiftung NRW (Arts Foundation of North
Rhine-Westphalia).

Venue:
Dortmunder U - Centre for Art and Creativity,
3rd floor (on the premises of HartwareMedienKunstVerein)
Leonie-Reygers-Terrasse
44137 Dortmund

Admission: EUR 5/3
Opening hours:

During ISEA2010 RUHR (Thur 19-Sun 29 August 2010)
10:00-20:00h, also on Mon 23 August 2010, closed on Mon 30 August 2010

Sat 31 July-Wed 18 August 2010
Thursdays & Fridays 14:00-20:00h
Saturdays & Sundays: 10:00-20:00h

Tue 31 August-Fri 3 September 2010
daily: 14:00-20:00h

Sat 4 & Sun 5 September 2010
10:00-20:00h

Guided tours:
Admission: EUR 3 (additionally to the exhibition ticket)
Each Sunday: 16:00h, no registration required
During ISEA2010 RUHR: daily, 16:00h as well as upon request.
For guided tours during ISEA2010 RUHR, please register at the info counter
of ISEA2010 RUHR or at: info[at]isea2010ruhr.org.
Contact:
ISEA2010 RUHR
c/o HMKV
Güntherstrasse 65