[spectre] Call for Papers & Presentations - please post

Michael Filimowicz mfa13 at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 25 01:17:27 CEST 2010

Call for Papers: Cinesonika Festival and Conference seeks contributions on
Sound and the Moving Image

Keynote Address: Don Ihde

Festival Dates: Nov. 12th-21st 2010.
Conference Dates: Nov. 13th-14th 2010.

CINESONIKA: The First International Film and Video Festival of Innovative
Sound Design is adding a conference component. We are seeking
interdisciplinary contributions on sound in relation to the moving image.
Media thinkers, film scholars, art historians, performance theorists, composers,
filmmakers, sound practitioners, multimedia semioticians, philosophers of perception – we invite these and others to submit proposals for 20 minute panel presentations. All accepted submissions will be considered for inclusion in an edited volume (papers should be expandable to 3000-5000 words if selected for final essay publication).

Website: www.cinesonika.com

Submitting:

Please write “Cinesonika- Paper Submission” in the subject heading.

Deadline for Abstracts (under 500 words): July 31st 2010.

Deadline for Papers (for 20 minute panel presentations): September 15th 2010.

Please submit your abstract and short bio both as an attachment (.doc or
.pdf) and also pasted into the body of your email submission, to
info at cinesonika.com.

Location: Simon Fraser University- Surrey Campus (Vancouver, British
Columbia)