[spectre] Call for fashion designers for 'Intimacy Lotus' and 'Intimacy Black'

V2_ joris at v2.nl
Wed Mar 31 14:27:41 CEST 2010

Call for fashion designers for 'Intimacy Lotus' and 'Intimacy Black'

Artist Daan Roosegaarde and V2_Lab are looking for two fashion designers
(M/F) to contribute to the 'Intimacy' series.

'Intimacy White' (2009), the first dress in the series, is made out of
smart foil that becomes transparent when electrified. The distance of a
spectator to the dress determines the level of transparency. This first
dress received a lot of media attention and is considered highly
successful. V2_Lab and Daan Roosegaarde now intend to make a series of
'Intimacy' dresses, each playing with a different material to create a
sensual play of shared control.

1. 'Intimacy Lotus' is a new heat-sensitive material by Studio
Roosegaarde, responding and physically moving to the subtlest amount of
warmth. We invite one designer to create a new interactive dress with
the Lotus foil.

2. 'Intimacy Black' is the dark sister of 'Intimacy White'. We invite
one designer to create accessories with the black foil that become
transparent when electrified.

Daan Roosegaarde says: ‘Technology is used here not merely functional
but also as a tool to create intimacy as well as privacy on a direct,
personal level ... which in our contemporary tech society is becoming
increasingly important.’

In order to take this step from one dress to a series of fashion items,
V2_Lab and Daan Roosegaarde are looking for:

• Recently graduated or senior year fashion designers (M/F);
• He or she must be able to participate in thought process along the
lines set out by V2_Lab and Studio Roosegaarde in the preliminary stages
and therefore must be a good team player;
• He or she must be ambitious and determined to achieve our request for
success;
• The project starts on 1 May 2010. It is a full-time position for a
period of 8 weeks.

What we offer:
• Access to functioning new technology, an existing prototype and an
artist' Impression of the intended final product;
• A workplace at V2_Lab;
• The opportunity to collaborate with an experienced, interdisciplinary
team;
• Technical support and backup;
• Exhibition of the end result;
• Name credit.

Please send your resume/portfolio and motivation before 15 April,
preferably by email, to piem at v2.nl

V2_Institute for the Unstable Media
Attn. Piem Wirtz
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam

Eligible designers will be invited for an interview end of April.

About 'Intimacy White'

'Intimacy'
http://www.v2.nl/lab/projects/intimacy

'Intimacy Project Blends In Latest Technology With The Trendiest In
Fashion Today'
http://elitechoice.org/tag/studio-roosegaarde-v2-lab/

'Intimacy: A Sensitive High-tech Garment'
http://ourfavoritegadgets.blogspot.com/2009/12/intimacy-sensitive-high-tech-garment.html

'Intimacy— A Sensual Haute-tech Wearable'
http://www.fashioningtech.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2095467%3ABlogPost%3A12563

--
Joris van Ballegooijen
PR & Communicatie