[spectre] UPGRADE!PARIS #38

rybn info at rybn.org
Wed May 26 01:43:40 CEST 2010

UPGRADE!PARIS #38

1.0.3 /// Adelin Schweitzer & Benjamin Cadon / Géographies variables

Wednesday 26 May 2010, 16h30 > 18h30
Le 104, Paris, Atelier 11
An invitation during the events "The Common Factory"

- 1.03
1.0.3 is a collective formed in 2002 by the three young artists Anne
Couzon Cesca, Arnaud and François Bernus. They graduated with a
Bachelor?s degree from the Regional School of Fine Arts of Valence in
2002, and in 2003 received their Master?s degrees from the School of
Fine Arts in Geneva.
To the collective 1.0.3,whose name evokes a version of software, the
computer realizes three major
concepts: conservation, conversion and conversation.

http://valerieriant.desk.free.fr/

- Adelin Schweitzer & Benjamin Cadon (Labomédia), Géographies
Variables art in residence program

The project "A reality" builds on an initial premise: there is not a
reality but rather a set of paradigms that make consensus any time in
history, territory, and for a specific social group. These systems of
representation submit our perceptions and define our relationship to
the world.. Is human being capable of perceiving the world beyond the
representation he makes? And if it is exempt from this illusion, even
temporarily, would enable him to reclaim the real so sensitive?

The instrument developed in this project, the prototype takes 01 more
as the symbolic element of this utopia, a utopia in which a machine
would avoid the constraints imposed by our senses to reality.

After the presentation, the spectator will be able to experiment the
device during a walk between the 104 and la marquise.

http://www.a-reality.org