[spectre] Wtrlt: Emergency protests today

Oliver Grau Oliver.Grau at donau-uni.ac.at
Mon May 31 19:35:05 CEST 2010

>>> Jewish Voice for Peace <info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org> 5/31/2010 7:33 PM >>>
Join us on:
FacebookTwitter

Jewish Voice for Peace condemns Israel's attack and killing of members of the Freedom Flotilla aiming to bring much needed aid to the besieged Gaza Strip.

Before the flotilla was attacked, Yigal Palmor, an Israeli foreign ministry spokesman, said,

"If we let them throw egg at us, we appear stupid with egg on our face. If we try to prevent them by force, we appear as brutes."

Israel has more than egg on its face. Israel has blood on its hands. At least 10 passengers have been killed by Israel and about 30 wounded in international waters. This is just another deadly escalation of Israel's harsh repression of nonviolent protests against the occupation, paid with American tax-dollars.

The White House has stated that it "deeply regrets the loss of life and injuries sustained, and is currently working to understand the circumstances surrounding this tragedy." This is not enough.

We should not lose sight of the original intent of the flotilla: to bring aid and relief to the Gaza Strip, still under siege.

Join local activist in your area

EMERGENCY PROTESTS TODAY

NY: 3 PM TODAY, Times Square.  Assemble at 47th St. and 7th Ave.  Look for the JVP banner to join our contingent.

SAN FRANCISCO: 12noon TODAY. Israeli Consulate (456 Montgomery St.) and march to Union Square, Memorial Day. Please be there! Bring your own sign! 1 pm at Market and Powell.

DC: 3pm TODAY: Assemble at the Israeli Embassy, 3514 International Drive NW  (Van Ness Metro Stop), moving to the White House at 5pm.

SEATTLE: 1:00 pm TODAY. 5th Avenue and Broad St, Seattle Center near the Experience Music Project.

MIAMI: 5pm-7pm TODAY, at Torch of Friendship (Downtown)

Additional protests here: http://gazafreedommarch.org/cms/en/flotilla/protest.aspx