[spectre] PIKSEL10 - (Un)stable - 18-21 Nov. 2010, Bergen (NO)

Piksel InfoBot info at piksel.no
Sun Nov 14 20:42:27 CET 2010

PIKSEL10 :: (Un)stable

 The 8th annual Piksel festival for Electronic Art and Technological Freedom
 - exhibitions - workshops - live art - presentations
 - November 18-21, Bergen (NO)
 - http://piksel.no/p10

The 8th edition of Piksel celebrates the unstable as a source of creativity,
revolt and development. At the edge of a new decennium, 100 years after
futurism and dada permanently changed the artworld, we are again at a point in
time where instability grows and anything can happen.
The festival theme, (Un)stable, points to the temporarily placed and unsteady
constructions, mobile spaces, code in constant development,  a globally
charged political climate and how these factors are changing the production of
art today.

Program:

EXHIBITIONS @ Galleri 3,14, KNIPSU, Entrèe & StudioUSF
http://www.piksel.no/p10/exhibition

Gijs Gieskes (NL), Øyvind Mellbye (NO), Signe Lidén (NO), Michal Kindernay
(CZ),Korinna Lindinger (AT), Martinka Bobrikova (SK), Oscar de Carmen (ES),
Victor Mazon (ES), Ben Dembroski (GB), Ben Woodeson (GB),Emanuel Andel (AT),
Christian Gũtzer (AT), Jorge Luis Crowe  (AR), Richard Schwarz (AT), Malte
Steiner (DE), Luca Carrubba (ES), Anis Haron (MY)

WORKSHOPS @ KNIPSU, StudioUSF & PikselHut
http://www.piksel.no/p10/workshops

Psychedelic D.i.Y. Toilet Roll Goggles, Arduino Synthesizers, CHEAP, FAT +
OPEN, Functional live coding, Hack your own radio, NoiZe bouyZ: Workshop and
Guerilla Installation, Mouse and keyboard hack, Spectral Analysis and
Processing in Pure Data

LIVE ART @ StudioUSF, Entrèe &Galleri 3,14
http://www.piksel.no/p10/liveart

ALejandra Perez (CL), Shu Lea Cheang (FR), Ryan Jordan (UK), Geraldine McEwan
(UK), Eleonora Oreggia (IT), Andy Bolus (FR), Miho (JP), Jorge Luis Crowe
(AR), Brendan Howell (DE), Jonathan Kemp (UK), Alex McLean (UK), Dave Griffiths
(UK), Claude Heiland-Allen (UK), Cristiano Rosa (BR), Alexandre Torres Porres
(BR), Julien Ottavi (FR), Luca Carrubba (ES), Oscar Martin Correa (ES),
Joachim Montessuis (FR), Alexandre Quessy (CA), Tristan Matthews (CA), Alo
Allik (EE), Martin Howse (UK), Anthony Iles (UK), Signe Lidén (NO), Michal
Kindernay (CZ), Audun Eriksen (NO), Arnfinn Killingtveit (NO), d.R.e.G.S (ES)

PRESENTATIONS @ StudioUSF
http://www.piksel.no/p10/presentations

RDEX, Cartografia Sonora Antartica, Reflecting about ArTe, Golden Shield Music –
Sonification of IT censorship technologies, How to build a Capitalistic Robot,
Scenic: Telepresence software for live performances and installations, The
White People, Scratch, Naked on Pluto

--
more info and complete program:
http://piksel.no/p10

Piksel10 is supported by The Norwegian Art Council, Bergen Municipality,
Hordaland County Council, PNEK, OCA, UD - Music from the south, BEK, Bergen
Kunsthall/Landmark, The Norwegian embassy in Belgium and the Austrian embassy
in Norway.

PIKSEL :: FREE AS IN ART!
Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with
free and open technologies in artistic practice.
Part workshop, part festival, it is organised in Bergen, Norway, and
involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging ideas,
coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops, performances
and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free technologies & art.

Piksel10 - 18-21 nov. 2010
www.piksel.no