[spectre] PIKSEL10 ::Call - Open Workshops

Piksel InfoBot info at piksel.no
Mon Nov 15 14:56:04 CET 2010

PIKSEL10 :: (Un)stable

 The 8th annual Piksel festival for Electronic Art and Technological Freedom
 - exhibitions - workshops - live art - presentations
 - November 18-21, Bergen (NO)
 - http://piksel.no/p10

==========================
* PIKSEL10 workshop series
* Free and Open Creative Technology workshops

In connection with the PIKSEL10 festival we are offering in total 7 hardware
and software workshops. All the workshops are free to attend, but for the
hardware workshops we need to charge material costs.

To sign up or get more information, please contact us on piksel10 [AT]
piksel.no or register directly at:
http://piksel.no/ocs/index.php/piksel/piksel10/schedConf/registration

* HARDWARE WORKSHOPS

**Building Arduino Synthesizers – Gijs Gieskes (NL)**
*Thursday 18.11 11-16 @PikselHut*
Build your own Arduino synthesizers from component kits, and (if there is
time) learn how to make their own scripts for them.
Material cost: NOK 100,-
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#Gieskes2

**NoiZe bouyZ: Workshop and Guerilla Installation in Bergen – Jenny Pickett
(UK), Julien Ottavi (FR)**
*Thursday 18.11 11-16 @ KNIPSU*
In this workshop the participants will produce EM NoiZe bouyZ as sculptual EM
amplifying objects to be chained to various sonically interesting areas in the
city center. The NoiZe bouyZ acts as a markers in the city, via which walkers
or passers by may navigate/derive into an alternate veiw of Bergen
Material cost: NOK 100,-
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#Pickett

**HACK YOUR RADIO IN 30 MINUTES – Julien Ottavi (FR)**
*Friday 19.11 11-16 @PikselHut*
Learn to hack cheap radios (on the am frequency) to make a new crazy light /
touch / radio feedback sound generator.
Material cost: NOK 100,-
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#Ottavi2

**Psychedelic D.i.Y. Toilet Roll Goggles – Ryan Jordan (UK)**
*Saturday 20.11 11-16 @ PikselHut*
D.i.Y hardware hacking and stroboscopic light. The workshop will focus on
building simple hardware synths from 555 timer circuits and CMOS4093 chips.
These electronic noise machines can also control lights and the workshop will
focus specifically on stroboscopic light.
Material costs: NOK 100,-
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#Jordan2

**Mouse and keyboard hacking - Wolfgang Spahn (AT)**
*Sunday 21.11 11-16 @ KNIPSU*
Learn how to use hacked keyboards and mice for creating your own interactive
installation.
Material cost: NOK 100,-
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#Spahn

* SOFTWARE WORKSHOPS

**Functional live coding workshop – Alex McLean (UK), Dave Griffiths (UK) **
*Friday 19.11 11-16 @ KNIPSU*
Live coding using Schemebricks and Tidal.
The workshop is aimed at those without programming experience, or programmers
with some experience with functional programming languages
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#McLean2.

**Spectral Analysis and Processing in Pure Data – Alexandre Torres Porres
(AR)**
*Saturday 20.11 11-13 @ StudioUSF*
The objective of this workshop is to cover the basics of Puredata and
introduce to Spectral Analysis and Processing. Participants will be provided
with a good didactic material, and will learn how to use the Phase Vocoder
Abstractions provided by the author, as well as other examples from the other
topics.
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2573/#Porres

*SPECIAL EVENT:

**exquisite_code – Brendan Howell (DE), Jonathan Kemp (UK)
*Saturday 20.11 11-19 @ KNIPSU*
Participatory algorithmic text production and performance.
more info: http://www.piksel.no/p10/schedule-2?page_id=2480/#Howell

--
more info and complete program:
http://piksel.no/p10

Piksel10 is supported by The Norwegian Art Council, Bergen Municipality,
Hordaland County Council, PNEK, OCA, UD - Music from the south, BEK, Bergen
Kunsthall/Landmark, The Norwegian embassy in Belgium and the Austrian embassy
in Norway.

PIKSEL :: FREE AS IN ART!
Piksel is an international event for artists and developers working with
free and open technologies in artistic practice.
Part workshop, part festival, it is organised in Bergen, Norway, and
involves participants from more than a dozen countries exchanging ideas,
coding, presenting art and software projects, doing workshops, performances
and discussions on the aesthetics and politics of free technologies & art.

Piksel10 - 18-21 nov. 2010
www.piksel.no