[spectre] The first Asia-Pacific DIYBio & BioArt meeting: "Democratising the Laboratory"

venzha christ venzha at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 17:21:31 CEST 2011

==> join for streaming and IRC (channel:#HONF) <==

HONF
24 - 25 April 2011

The first Asia-Pacific DIYBio & BioArt meeting: "Democratising the Laboratory"
* Presentation
* Discussion
* Symposium

http://wiki.natural-fiber.com/Asia-Pasific_DIYBio_and_BioArt_Meeting

http://natural-fiber.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=90&Itemid=95

People doing strange things in their kitchens and bathrooms? ‚ "My home is my
lab" movement? Global exchange of biotech kits and protocols, playing with
genome and creating synthetic organisms for pets, using lab tools when cooking
and transforming kitchens into biotech labs, these are just some of the faces of
the global pop biotech. Artists, designers and scientists across the region
translate scientific protocols into art manifests, create sculptures from
tissues, help local communities with low cost and low tech protocols, do
performances with DNA and installations from biotopes. We will meet to probe the
territory between public, private and lab spaces and discuss various forms of
biohacking, biopunk, bioart and molecular gastronomy. How relevant are these
citizen science practices for innovation and how can they support local
communities? What are some new design and art ideas related to biotechnologies?
How can we involve critical design practices in bioethics discussions? How can
these probes and experiments enable local communities? We will cook, brew, play
and hack in order to discuss the potential of DIYbio and BioArt in the region.
(text by Denisa Kera, DIYBIOSINGAPORE)

Participants :

Irfan Dwidya Prijambada - Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta (UGM), Indonesia
Donny Widianto - Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta (UGM), Indonesia
Gea Oswah Fatah Parikesit - Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta (UGM), Indonesia
Denisa Kera - National University of Singapore
Ionat Zurr - SymbioticA, University of Western Australia
Romie Littrell - DIYBio Los Angeles, USA
Georg Tremmel & Shiho Fukuhara - BCL, Japan & Austria
Angelo Vermeulen - Biomodd network
Jo Tito, New Zealand
Marc Dusseiller - Hackteria network
The House Of Natural Fiber (HONF) Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Schedule
24 April 2011 / HONF
19.00 - 24.00 / GMT +7
* Denisa Kera,  - DIYbio & Food Hacking in South-East Asia
* Ionatt Zurr - SymbioticA, Biology Arts
* HONF - Intelligent Bacteria on Education Focus Program / EFP
* Teleconference: Georg Tremmel & Shiho Fukuhara - BCL

25 April 2011 / UGM
08.00 - 09.40 / GMT +7
* Gea Oswah Fatah Parikesit - Biotechnology in Indonesia
* Denisa Kera - Post Biology and Posthumanism
* Ionatt Zurr - Tissue Culture and Art Project
* Romie Littrell - Safety and Security of Biotechnology

25 April 2011 / HONF
19.00 - 24.00 / GMT +7
* Romie Littrell - Piracy of the age of DIYBio
* Irfan Dwidya Prijambada and Donny Widianto - Biotechnology practices for
Society

* Teleconference: Angelo Vermeulen - Biomodd Network - Ohio - Philippines -
Belgium - Slovenia
* Teleconference: Jo Tito - New Zealand
* Teleconference: Marc Dusseiller - Hackteria Network

==========================

http://natural-fiber.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=90&Itemid=95

http://wiki.natural-fiber.com/

http://wiki.natural-fiber.com/Asia-Pasific_DIYBio_and_BioArt_Meeting

venzha

the house of natural fiber
yogyakarta new media art laboratory (HONF)
Jl.wora wari A80/6
Baciro - Yogyakarta
Indonesia
T : +62 (0) 817468621