[spectre] Art & Science at CERN

Paul Brown paul at paul-brown.com
Sat Aug 6 22:22:36 CEST 2011

Art and Sub-Atomic Particles Collide at European Organization for Nuclear Research

"GENEVA (REUTERS).- CERN, focus of research into the Big Bang and what makes the universe tick, on Thursday announced a new program -- fusing science with art to encourage painting and music inspired by the wonders of the cosmos.

"Or more prosaically a "policy of engaging with the arts" that will involve giving the European nuclear research centre's seal of approval for cultural projects influenced by the particle physics at the heart of its work.

""The arts and science are inextricably linked; both are ways of exploring our existence, what it is to be human and what is our place in the universe," said CERN director general Rolf Heuer, a German physicist and classical music fan."

http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=49603
http://arts.web.cern.ch/arts/collide/

====
Paul Brown - based in OZ February to August 2011
mailto:paul at paul-brown.com == http://www.paul-brown.com
OZ Landline +61 (0)7 3391 0094 == USA fax +1 309 216 9900
OZ Mobile +61 (0)419 72 74 85 == Skype paul-g-brown
====
Synapse Artist-in-Residence - Deakin University
http://www.deakin.edu.au/itri/cisr/projects/hear.php
Honorary Visiting Professor - Sussex University
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/ccnr/research/creativity.html
====