[spectre] "# 04 Natascha Sadr Haghighian. De paso" sound installation (video)

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:05:47 CEST 2011

«In this installation you can encounter two objects that are very familiar:
a trolley, like the ones that we use for traveling, and a PET 1.5 liter
water bottle that is empty. These objects are removed from their usual
purpose and they are basically abandoned or left alone. They have a
collision or an accident together. The trolley is sitting on top of the
water bottle, crushing it with its handle and moving very slowly back and
forth, constantly crushing the water bottle and creating a sound. So it's
almost like a conversation between the two, but using their own particular
languages. This for me was a good way to be able to encounter these objects
once again, but to render them strange, as if I don't know who they are and
I have to rethink what they are and what their purpose is. (…) The
installation gives an opportunity to encounter these two objects again and
then to spend time with them on a different plain because the sound that
this collision produces is then amplified and distributed into the space of
the Capella MACBA, which is, as most churches, also architecturally designed
to amplify and to enhance sound.» *Natascha Sadr Haghighian on «# 04
Natascha Sadr Haghighian. De paso»*

Link: http://vimeo.com/27234867
+info: http://bit.ly/pWXysc