[spectre] A twist of the pepper

Séamas Cain seamascain at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:49:51 CEST 2011

_____________________________________

Do turn out if you can!

Saturday 20th August 2011 :

Wurm Press poets at the

Twisted Pepper in Dublin, Ireland ...

Normally Wurm heads off for a turn on the prom at Biarritz or Clontarf
in August, but this month we've been prevailed upon by our chums at
Seven Towers to visit their country pile in Middle Abbey Street,
presenting ...

Poetry from Wurm Press :

Christodoulos Makris,

Cah-44, and Karl Parkinson

Saturday 20th August 2011

3:00 p.m., The Box (downstairs)

The Twisted Pepper,

Middle Abbey Street,

Dublin 1, Ireland

free admission

_____________________________________

Christodoulos Makris

"My tongue is splintered into signs
half of me hardly knows."

— from 'Nicosia Journal'

"I was knocked out by the skill of this writer"

— Nuala Ní Chonchúir

Christodoulos Makris was born in Nicosia.  He studied in Manchester
and has lived in London and Dublin.  He is currently based in north
County Dublin and works for the public library service of Fingal
County Council.  He is the author of the Wurm Press chapbook "Round
the Clock" (2009) and was Dublin regional editor for SUCCOUR magazine.
 His first collection "Spitting Out the Mother Tongue" (Wurm Press) is
now available for preorder, and will be published in September.

_____________________________________

Cah-44 ...

"An American Serge Gainsbourg"

- Casey Scott.

In an 18-year career as an actor/writer/performance poet, CAH-44 has
appeared in numerous plays, several films, and 1 ballet.  His Spoken
Word(s) have been heard in 49 US states and 13 countries.  He has been
found spitting in mics everywhere from a Laundromat in Ohio to a
sports stadium in Alaska to a Spiegeltent in Stockholm.  He has
appeared at the South by Southwest music conference in Austin, Texas
(twice), the inaugural Insomnia Performance Lockdown in Atlanta,
Georgia, and the Electric Picnic in Stradbally, County Laois.  With
fellow expatriate Raven he hosts Tongue Box, a monthly spoken word
showcase based at the Cobblestone pub in Smithfield.  His work has
been seen in print in such places as : The Rocky Mountain Times, Rain
City Review, Ace Magazine, and AMP.  He was once served an aubergine
casserole by Karen Finley.  He had seconds.

Cah-44's chapbook, "still beat / still beat," is published by Wurm Press.

_____________________________________

Karl Parkinson ...

"... a beat poet who almost defies description; part Allen Ginsberg,
part Snoop Dogg"

- Evening Herald

Well-known to regulars of Seven Towers events, Karl's chapbook "A
Sacrament of Song" was the first of the Wurm Press mimeorevolution
chapbook series.  He's now working on a first collection for Wurm
Press.

To purchase any of the

mimeorevolution chapbooks, go to ...

http://wurmimapfel.net/wurmpress?start=1