[spectre] Mezangelle’n w/ Mez

mez breeze netwurker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 02:03:03 CET 2011

*"I had the great pleasure and honor to converse w/ Mez – otherwise known at
Mary-Anne Breeze +/or netwurker – over the course of a couple weeks about
her works and theories regarding code poetry, meme culture, augmented
reality, and other related interests to Mez’s practice and theory. We
discuss (with corresponding translation) in a
pseudo-code-language-environment that Mez developed in the mid 90s called
mezangelle. This way of speaking-working-coding can be seen as a form of
interacting and artistically engaging the emergent forum and list-serv
cultures that were eclipsed by the dot-com boom later that decade. As the
web has developed and changed, so did the code, and likewise the language
has evolved into a dense weaving of net-humor, snippets from actual coding
language (like perl or javascript), and critical theory."*

*[ Editors note: The translation of our text follows the initial dialog:
http://badatsports.com/2011/mezangellen-w-mez/ ]
*

--
Reality Engineer>