[spectre] Reminder Soundtracks: May I ask you for a recollection? / call for memories.

Stijn Demeulenaere zztijn at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 22:54:08 CET 2011

Dear Friends,

First of all, a happy new year.

I'm still collecting memories of sound for my installation Soundtracks. Some of
you have allready sent a recollection in (thank you), and others have let me
know their letter is underway. But I still need a lot more recollections, so I'm
sending out the call for memories of sound again. Please send one in, consider
it a special christmas card for me.  I'll be eternally grateful

The idea behind soundtracks is to build an archive of memories of sound.
Memories of sounds that were important to you, that struck you or stayed with
you. Soundtracks wants to research which kind of sounds get remembered, and how
they are remembered. Can we hear those sounds again in our heads, or can we only
remember the circumstances of the situation; the outlines, the edges of the
sound?

And that’s why I would like to ask you to take a moment and try to find your
recollection of a sound, a sound that was important to you. And I would want to
ask you to write down your memory, on paper. And if you could send that memoy by
post to this address:

Soundtracks
Hopstraat 40
1000 Brussels
Belgium

You can find some more info on Soundtracks on this URL:

http://versonatura.org/audio/stijn/stijnWsoundtracks.html

I thank you in advance,

Kind regards, merry christmas & a happy new year.

Stijn Demeulenaere

Ps: It’s important that the memories are WRITTEN BY HAND, so please, no emails
or typed letters.